SEO For Cryptocurrency And Blockchain Companies
Cryptocurrency industries are continuing to grow at an aggressive rate. Business owners in the blockchain and cryptocurrency field can gain from search engine optimization (SEO). SEO for crypto companies help cryptocurrency companies to acquire more traffic, attract new clients, drive in sales and referrals to the company’s sites and expand their operations.
Without search engine optimization, businesses can’t reach their peak. Search engine optimization is one the most impressive and effective kinds of marketing available to crypto ventures. Crypto companies need to ensure that SEO is included in their digital marketing plan.
The web is over-saturated and SEO for crypto can be scary for newcomers in the field. However, by putting in the necessary time and resources, you can improve your search engine rankings by doing your SEO right. SEO helps crypto businesses to gain the trust of search engines and it is finely tuned to their target audience.
In this article, you will learn about blockchain and cryptocurrency SEO, why you need SEO for your crypto-related business, common SEO mistakes made by blockchain and crypto business and much more. Read to the end to learn about the SEO strategy guide that will help you generate sufficient organic traffic and improve your search engine result page (SERP) ranking.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What Is SEO For Blockchain And Cryptocurrency?
- Blockchain And Cryptocurrency SEO: All You Need To Know
- Technical Optimization
- Off-site SEO
- Top SEO Mistakes Crypto and Blockchain Businesses Make
- Strategies to boost your SEO for Cryptocurrency
- Metrics to Measure SEO for Cryptocurrency Performance and Results
- How to Track These Metrics
- How Long Does It Take To See Cryptocurrency SEO Results?
- Final words
What Is SEO For Blockchain And Cryptocurrency?
Cryptocurrency SEO involves optimizing your online presence to attract targeted traffic to your website from searches related to digital currency. Cryptocurrency SEO is coined from two words: cryptocurrency (broker, currency, wallet, seller or any digital currency) and SEO (digital marketing and optimization strategies). Crypto SEO involves traditional SEO practices but takes into account specialized keywords that relate to the blockchain and crypto community.
Cryptocurrency SEO helps you to get more organic traffic within the cryptocurrency niche. As the blockchain and cryptocurrency space continues to grow, SEO enables businesses in this industry to increase their website organic rankings, visibility and traffic volumes. SEO for blockchain and cryptocurrency ensures a greater return on investment (ROI) for your crypto businesses.
Although SEO for cryptocurrency and blockchain might sound like a huge task, it is a very important part of the overall digital marketing strategy that you shouldn’t ignore.
Does Crypto And Blockchain Industries Need SEO?
SEO for crypto and blockchain industries is a cost-effective way of attracting relevant traffic to your website. There is a unique opportunity for effective marketing in the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry in terms of evolving technologies and high market volatility. An effective SEO strategy can build trust and increase transparency which in turn helps to verify your business as an authoritative figure in the crypto space.
Currently, promoting cryptocurrency websites has limitations. There were extensive bans on digital cryptocurrency adverts in 2018 due to the fact that the industry has been associated with misleading practices. This makes organic SEO and ranking on search engine result pages (SERP) more important. The best way to rectify the negative impact of paid ads ban on all digital advertising channels is to use SEO for your cryptocurrency business. Therefore the blockchain and crypto organizations need to invest in SEO.
An effective SEO blueprint will rank your cryptocurrency site at the top of search engine result pages and increase organic SEO traffic for crypto-related keywords and phrases. High-quality traffic results in quality leads and attracts more clients, which boost the profitability of your crypto business and ultimately increases generated revenue.
Benefits of SEO to Cryptocurrency
The only way to overcome the crypto ban within online advertising is to make use of blockchain SEO strategies within the digital marketing scheme. SEO seems to be massively underutilized by crypto business agencies globally. It is however highly advised for every blockchain and crypto marketing team to spend some time on SEO-related activities. SEO is one of the most cost-effective ways to increase traffic and awareness of your crypto website. It helps you to work smarter and not harder. An effective SEO strategy will improve your organic traffic for crypto keywords and also rank your crypto websites high in SERP.
Blockchain And Cryptocurrency SEO: All You Need To KnowHaving the right SEO strategy will bring quality traffic to your websites. The basics needed to help you reach and overcome your cryptocurrency website’s organic traffic, search engine ranking, sales and return on investments (ROI) goals include crypto-keyword research, technical SEO, link building, content optimization and analytics.
On-Site SEOOn-site SEO accounts for 30% of Google’s ranking factors. It boosts every detail on your website, from page load speed to website audit, meta tag optimization and internal linking. A top-notch on-site SEO for your website is important for achieving high search engine rankings. On-site SEO involves determining the right keywords that will attract new clients, and critically optimizing your website to its full potential.
Keyword ResearchThe foundation for any successful cryptocurrency SEO strategy is to understand the keywords your target audience uses when searching online for your services or products. The first step is to understand your customers and the types of words they use to search for your business. Keyword research is important in creating an effective and efficient SEO strategy. It often takes place in the early stages of your cryptocurrency website and campaign development. Keyword research helps to drive quality crypto SEO traffic, analyse content production and optimize cryptocurrency webpages. Finding the right keywords and tactically incorporating them is vital to the success of your SEO process. When carrying out keyword research, you will want to find keywords relevant to the cryptocurrency market within the niche you operate. Gather several keywords, find high volume, low-competition keywords and infuse them in your campaigns. There are keyword research tools that will assist you in selecting appropriate keywords to include in your website content. Some of these include Ahrefs, Ubersuggest and SEMrush. When conducting keyword research, the following are the most important things to consider: Focus Keywords: These are keywords or phrases you want your crypto web pages to be found for when they search for them on Google or other search engines. Examples of crypto focus keywords include “Bitcoin”, “blockchain” or “Ethereum”. Long-tail Keywords: Long-tail keywords are longer and more specific keywords phrases for a particular niche. Long-tail keywords get less search traffic but have higher conversion values. Examples of long-tail keywords include “best digital currency mining software”, “best crypto wallet”. Long-tail keywords are much more difficult to rank for. It is however easier to rank for long-tail keywords if they are longer and more precise as there is less competition. When incorporating these keywords into your website structure to boost your crypto website organic traffic, avoid stuffing keywords into your content. The greater the amount of value you provide to users, the higher your ranking will be on search engine page results.
Competitive ResearchThis strategy gives you first-hand knowledge of your competitors. Competitive research involves researching the content and other elements of the content, like links and keywords a competitor used. Researching your competitor involves SEO keyword competition analysis, competitor backlink analysis, keyword gap analysis and top content analysis. Competitive research helps you to distinguish your competitor’s strengths and weaknesses. This will help you to determine how to tweak your SEO process for an improved website performance. Competitive research helps you to determine who your actual SEO competitor is, what their target keywords are and what you can do to soar above the competition. Content Optimization Optimized contents play a major role in search engine rankings. While click-bait articles have grown popular, consumers have grown knowledgeable to identify sketchy cryptocurrency SEO tactics. An effective SEO strategy will include a content strategy that focuses on crafting original, in-depth, and quality content. Quality content will boost your online presence by attracting more customers and increasing user engagement. While keyword research helps to boost your rankings, creating quality content and incorporating the keywords you gathered will help match your website with SEO crypto and blockchain keywords searches on Google and other search engines. There is a probability to delve into cryptocurrency SEO techniques when talking about content. Although it is important, there is no need to follow technicalities if your content does not align with the readers’ intent. There is a need to ensure your content meets the needs of their readers. Although cryptocurrency content is a bit technical, you need to create contents that are simple and logical. Newbies in the crypto niche should easily understand content on your website. Your crypto website contents are required to include relevant keywords related to the products or services you render. The main point of content optimization is to match content according to the buyers’ intent. And while your website content should be optimized for cryptocurrency SEO, it should correlate with a certain point of the sales funnel. It should also have a strong call to action. Your content will be useless if it is optimized for crypto and blockchain SEO but does not address the readers’ intent. Search engine entries can be grouped into three types.
- Informational Search Queries: These are queries used by users when they are looking for certain information. Informational queries are used when a user wants an answer to a question or wants to learn how to do something. For example, “what is the best crypto wallet?”.
- Navigational Search Queries: These are search queries entered with the searchers’ intent of finding a particular website or webpage. It is used to find specific brands, products, or services. The user already knows what they want but needs to find out where to get it.
- Transactional Search Queries: These are queries that show the intent of users to execute a transaction. You can deduce from this type of query that the searcher is considering making a purchase now or in the near future.
Technical OptimizationYour website and server optimization are essential for SEO success. The performance and coding of your website is a significant part of online optimization. Search engines prioritize websites that meet their approved technicalities such as secure connection, responsive design and a fast loading time. A website performance testing tool provided by Google allows you to examine how well your website performs. Optimizing the technical aspects of your crypto website will increase your ranking on Google. Eliminating bugs from your websites will benefit your search engine ranking. Also providing a better user experience will prevent visitors from abandoning your websites. A cryptocurrency website has more technical features when compared to a regular website. You need to employ the services of an SEO company with substantial knowledge in crypto SEO.
Off-site SEOOff-site SEO is crucial to the success of your crypto website. It provides a critical component that many organizations tend to overlook while developing their SEO strategy. Off-site SEO is concerned with link building and social media engagement.
Backlinking or Link buildingLink building is valuable in the crypto niche filled with dubious get-rich-quick schemes. It helps to build credibility and authority which are important factors for search engine rankings. Link building is getting other websites to link back to your website. It is one of the more traditional SEO methods in digital marketing. Building links to your crypto website might be a time-consuming part of an SEO strategy because it takes time. The first thing you need to know is that not all links are equal. A link from a high authority site, like Bloomberg, has a greater impact than a link from a new website. Also, in order to receive referral traffic, you need to build relationships with other websites, brands, thought leaders, bloggers and businesses. One of the most effective ways to achieve a strong backlink profile is to create high-quality content that inspires others to share. You can evaluate your competitor’s backlink profiles to determine their link sources. Another way is to build relationships with key influencers in your niche to earn links. You can also get high authority platforms to syndicate your content. Backlinking helps Google to reward your website with a higher ranking. You can reach out to a professional SEO agency to assist with this SEO technique. They have the necessary resources to analyse which platforms best provide the highest cryptocurrency SEO rankings.
Social Media EngagementGoogle modified its algorithm to benefit web pages that receive social engagement. Developing a quality social media strategy that complements your search engine optimization will profit your SEO process. Social media engagement and SEO complement each other. You can integrate your search engine optimization strategy with your social media strategy if it is properly optimized. This will complement each other and result in a positive feedback loop for your brand. Social media helps to produce traffic and enhance engaging volumes. A highly involved audience is an asset and boosts your online visibility through shares and attention. You should encourage your users to broadcast content on your platforms to better enhance your engagement.
AnalyticsAnalytics is used to monitor and evaluate the progress of your effective digital marketing campaigns. It is impossible for you to determine which SEO strategy and crypto website content is performing well. Analytics helps you to determine which channel generates the best engagement, what type of content generates the highest traffic, and whether your website is ranked high in SERP. With data obtained from the analysis of your SEO strategy, you can make informed decisions about your strategy and budget. You can make changes and improve the contents on your crypto sites to make your website rank higher and get more sales or improve the page load speed.
Top SEO Mistakes Crypto and Blockchain Businesses Make
There are several technical elements that can make or break your company’s website success with organic search. There is good SEO and there is average SEO for your website. Constructing the right website is more than just understanding and excelling at the industry in blockchain and crypto. Knowing what to avoid in your SEO process will help in making your SEO strategy effective. The following are common mistakes that you should avoid around crypto SEO.
- Absence of a website structure: Your website structure defines the user experience. A sub-standard website structure will cause your site’s user experience to be affected. A well-designed website structure will foster an excellent user experience.
The aim of having a website is defeated if your users can not easily navigate your websites in order to obtain additional information about your products or service, or to make purchases. Your website layout, design, page title and all should be directed towards your business goal.
- Incorrect Keyword Usage Another common mistake often overlooked is the use of incorrect keywords. The use of wrong keywords will negatively impact your cryptocurrency SEO. The web environment is very competitive and you must understand the keywords that are required to make your website rank higher. Knowing the right keywords to rank for versus what other businesses are ranking for goes beyond keyword research. You need to know where your competitors are located to determine whether to use the same keywords as they are. This will further help you identify easier winning opportunities.
Not using enough keywords in content is another common mistake made in cryptocurrency SEO. There is a clear difference between stuffing content with a few keywords over and over again and using a combination of different related keywords. Using latent semantic indexing (LSI) keywords in your content will further help you to rank for more keywords. Latent semantic indexing keywords are words that are related to the main keyword. LSI keywords help search engines to better understand the content on your web pages. LSI Graph tool can help you to generate LSI keywords.
Google regularly improves its algorithm towards awareness of context by using more closely related keywords to improve ranking in search engine result pages (SERP).
- Not using CMS platforms Several web developers do not run their blockchain projects or services using content management systems (CMS) web solutions such as Jooma, WordPress, or Drupal. Many Web3 developers are not comfortable using web 2.0 technologies. Therefore, creating a custom-built HTML website requires the aid of front-end designers to further implement minor changes.
However, A CMS lessens this trouble and allows changes to be made quickly to your website. All of these have great advantages for your SEO process.
- Ignoring Blogging Blogging is one of the important factors needed for improving your SEO and ignoring it can be a dangerous mistake. Blogging helps to improve the quality of your cryptocurrency SEO by authenticating your website as a reliable source of information for your customers. It helps to connect your crypto company with its target audience.
Blogging is also a way to keep your website up to date. Releasing new content regularly on your website shows search engines that your website is active and saturated with new content. Search engines can be demanding at times, and will not offer outdated websites to searchers. Therefore, when you publish new content regularly and optimize your blog, it helps to increase your visibility by providing search engine algorithms with the reason to index your website more frequently.
- Using Medium as a blogging platform Although blogging is vital in improving your cryptocurrency, many businesses make the mistake of using Medium as their blogging platform. Despite that Medium is a popular online publishing platform used to share online content, the main problem with businesses using it is that Medium owns all content posted on it.
Up until 2019, Medium did not allow canonicals which means that they would receive all SEO equity for the articles posted on their platform. Instead of uploading your articles on Medium, you can create a blog functionality for a website and you can promote all information, blog posts, and articles via social media.
- Creating One Page Websites Creating a one-page website can harm your website chances of ranking high on search engine result pages. Instead of creating a single web page that covers all the various services you offer, contact details, and an “about us page, it is crucial that you create a website with multiple web pages. The pages can be optimized for different sets of keywords which will further increase your ranking for these keywords.
The best way to make your website more SEO friendly is to create a homepage that shows the main product or service your crypto business offers. The homepage should be designed to link to new pages for each of the topics addressed on it. You should focus on long-form content for your blockchain business. You should avoid creating thin content that are less than 400 words for your web pages. Your content should be between 1,500 to 2,000 words long. You should optimize one keyword per page and one page per topic.
- Not Using Keywords In Page Titles Many believe keywords are not required in the title and only the brand must be emphasized. Keywords are important in the foundation of the web. Unless your brand is a major brand like Amazon or Coca Cola, it is essential that you indicate to Google what your brand is and what it offers.
Keywords are determined by what the target audience searches for and it allows people to find a website on search engines without having to know your brand name. It is important that you use keywords in your web pages title and headings (H1-H5). For instance, if the keywords that best describe your crypto company is “blockchain technology solution”, the appropriate title for your homepage should be: Blockchain Technology Solutions | Company Name
- Subdomain Abuse In the case where CMS is not utilized, expanding the functionality of your website such as new pages will sit on a subdomain. Placing secondary pages on a separate subdomain is not great for your SEO. Having secondary pages on subdomain is problematic for your SEO because each time you create a subdomain the SEO value of the original domain is split. Google sees each subdomain as a separate website, so any backlink acquired will not be passed to the new subdomain. This means that these individual pages will not add up to your SEO efforts.
You need to merge all pages into a single domain. This can be achieved through any CMS. CMS solutions have plugins and extensions that make it easy to utilize the expand functionality without creating subdomains.
Strategies to boost your SEO for CryptocurrencyTo improve your organic traffic and better rank in SERP, you need to concentrate on both On-site and Off-site SEO. Below are a few vital strategies that can help you improve your blockchain and crypto SEO.
- Stay Updated With Cryptocurrency Business Trends Understanding the trend in the cryptocurrency niche is crucial to improving your crypto business. With new players in the industry and several continual regulations by the government, tracing the trends in the niche is important. Being updated with happenings in the crypto market helps you to utilize those trends to improve your business. This helps you to quickly adapt the changes happening in the crypto industry which assist you to beat the competition. You can make use of Google Trends to keep track of occurring new trends.
- Determine what people are searching for in the cryptocurrency niche Performing thorough in-depth keywords research is a very important step in your cryptocurrency SEO. Keyword research gives you a click on what people are searching for and the intent behind it. Most of the searchers’ intent in the crypto niche are directed towards finding information rather than purchasing. Understanding the intent of the searcher enables you to create a good keyword strategy for your goals. Tools such as Ahref, SEMrush, and Google Planner can be utilized for in-depth keyword examination. You need to examine the keyword volumes before optimizing them in your on-site volumes.
- Analyse Your Competition
To enter into the crypto market filled with big players like Bitcoin, EOS, and others, you need to understand your competitors. Understanding your competitors will give you insights on developing better techniques that would quicken your company’s growth. Analysing your competitors helps you to know what they are doing and how they rank in the search engine result pages. Some of your focus when analysing your competitors include:
- SERP position
- Backlink profile
- Content strategy
- Social media presence and engagement
- Sile loading speed and other SEO parameters
- Publish quality content Produce quality content that is accurate and up to date for your site users. You need to keep in mind that cryptocurrency is illegal in some nations while some nations approve it. Use blogs to teach users and visitors of your websites. Blogs help you to communicate relevant data about the crypto industry to your site users. It also establishes you as a reputable and reliable information source. You need to be active on social media and Q&A sites such as Reddit, and Quora where you can use users’ issues as ideas for new articles for your blog post.
- Boost visibility with Social Media Social media engagement is great for your SEO services. Make use of social media platforms to expand your business. Retaining a profile on major social media platforms will boost your authority and online presence. Your audience may be distributed across different social media platforms, so utilize the medium to boost your online presence and develop a powerful social media presence. Social media helps to produce traffic by establishing engaging volumes through pictures, videos and infographics. Encourage users to broadcast content on your platforms.
- Guest blogging on websites with high authority Guest blogging on a high authority website gives you a wider audience reach. Guest blogging is also a vital part of SEO strategy. It helps you to get quality backlinks to your websites. This helps to generate more traffic to your site, improve conversion, and also boost your domain authority. Writing guest posts on other websites is always beneficial if you want to improve your SERP ranking. Backlinks obtained from websites with high authority will improve your SEO process for your crypto site.
- Email Marketing Email marketing is a great tool for businesses. Emails can be used as part of your lead production strategy. For you to effectively utilize emails to boost your crypto business, you need to grow your subscribers’ base. You can send newsletters to your subscribers and motivate them to make use of your platform for crypto-related transactions.
Metrics to Measure SEO for Cryptocurrency Performance and ResultsHaving an effective SEO strategy is the first step at optimizing your crypto business web pages. You need to keep track of the SEO results as well. SEO metrics allow you to measure the performance and effectiveness of your SEO efforts. This allows you to make corrective changes where needed based on the data obtained. SEO metrics provide you with the required data needed to develop new strategies or improve your existing plans. There are several metrics you can track to determine the success of your SEO strategy. But it is important to stay focused on a few important ones to start with.
- Keyword Ranking Keyword ranking is an obvious but important SEO metric to measure. Keyword ranking helps you to determine your progress and it is an early signal that your SEO strategy is working or not. To see results with this metric, your website and content must be optimized to rank high in search engine results for specific crypto-related keywords. The easiest way to track your keyword ranking for keywords related to blockchain and crypto is to do a Google search. The results will show your website position for such keywords. There are several tools that you can use to track your keyword rankings, examples include Ahrefs, SEMrush, Mangools, and Moz. When measuring your SERP metrics, try to avoid vanity metrics. These include rankings for competitive keywords that are desired but too fuzzy and do not convert. When measuring your keywords ranking, you should also include search engine result page features data like featured snippets and people also ask boxes that you are ranking for.
- Click Through Rate (CTR)
Click through rates measures the percentage of users that clicked on your website from SERP. CTR provides insights on how well you have optimized your page title and meta description and how effective it is to attract users’ attention. For example, if your crypto website appeared on a result page 100 times in a week and 20 people clicked it, your CTR is 20%.The higher your website ranks on SERP, the more clicks you tend to have. However, don’t be discouraged if you see low numbers in this metric, it means you need to optimize your titles, meta descriptions, and URLs.
To improve your CTR on specific web pages, you need to;
- Match your page title to search intent
- Craft a meta description that persuades users to click and read more
- Use short descriptive URLs that contain the focus keyword
- Use structured data to improve the way your page displays in search results
- Bounce Rate
Bounce rate represents the percentage of users that visit your website but leave without further interaction. This metric isn’t a ranking signal, but a high bounce rate could indicate a problem. Google analytics measures a visit as an interaction if the user clicks on more than one page.
Tracking your bounce rate can tell if your content, lead magnet, or website layout is appealing to your target market or not. You can reduce your bounce rate by providing your site visitors with a great user experience. To do this, you need to:
- Ensure the webpage aligns with search intent
- Create quality content that makes the user want to explore your site the more
- Make the text easy to read and well-designed
- Improve page speed.
- Scroll Depth This metric measures how far visitors scroll down individual web pages. By tracking scroll depth, you have an idea about how much your visitors actually read, how much time they give, and how much time they are able to engage themselves with the contents. This helps you to determine if visitors are reaching the end of your content. If not, you can test different ways by making important content (such as multimedia, contact forms) higher up on your pages. You might also want to consider the quality of your content. Does it entice the visitor to continue down the page? Are you including unnecessary words? You can set up scroll depth tracking in your Google Analytics.
- Conversion Rate Conversion rates are important SEO metrics that help you to determine whether you are getting the right traffic to your website. Knowing your conversion rate will help you to measure the return on investment your website traffic can deliver. Your conversion rate represents the overall impact your SEO strategy has on your crypto business sales. Conversion rate can be applied to anything, ranging from email signup, to account creation, to making a purchase.
- Page Speed This is an important metric that largely affect other metrics. Fast page speed has been linked to higher conversion rates. Page speed is not only an important factor for your website ranking. It also impacts your conversion and bounce rates. There is a correlation between website load time and bounce rate. As the page load time goes up, the chances of a visitor leaving your site increases. Running your website through Google Page Speed Insights will help you to determine if your site is fast. A score of 100% is fast, a score of 90 or above but not 100% is considered good. A score between 50% and 90% depicts that your website needs improvement. A score below 50% is considered poor.
- Organic Traffic Organic traffic shows the number of visitors your site generates from the people that click on your web pages when they come up from search engine result pages. You should regularly track the number of organic search traffic your site gets. Organic traffic is a vital SEO metric that informs you whether your SEO strategy efforts are successful or not. If you are not getting traffic, that shows that something is not working and you need to make changes. Improvement in your organic search traffic means that your website’s visibility through keyword ranking has increased. You can track your organic traffic using Google Analytics, and SEMrush Traffic Analytics tools. You should monitor your organic traffic for both desktop and mobile. Cross-referencing your organic traffic with other SEO metrics will help to assess the quality of your traffic.
- Website Authority Your website authority’s score shows how well your domain will rank. Website domain authority score is measured on a logarithmic scale of 1 to 100. A higher score translates to more traffic and better ranking and a low domain authority may cause decreased traffic and ranking. You can use domain authority scores to compare your website to that of your competitor and make changes to your SEO strategy to aim for a higher score. Improving this metric takes a while, so don’t be discouraged if your effort doesn’t seem to yield results immediately.
- Backlinks Monitoring your backlinks gives insight into the progress of your link-building strategy. You need to pay attention to the total number of links pointing to your website or the number of unique linking root domains. You should look more closely at the quality of the backlinks and linking root domains your website has. If new sites link to your content with a strong follow link profile, it means your link-building strategy is working.
- Time Spent on Page How long users spend on your page is an important metric to watch out for. Time spent on your page measures how well your content meets the user’s intent. If a searcher looking for a specific information, product, or service lands on your page and spends a lot of time there, it is an indicator that the user is satisfied. A high time on page means that your content meets the searchers’ expectations. For example, if you have a 2,500-word blog post with visitors spending 30 seconds, the chances that the content is not consumed is high. However, if a page has a low time on page, it does not necessarily mean that it is bad. It’s normal for some pages, such as the “Contact Us” pages, to have a low average time spent on each page. You can make use of Google Analytics to track the average time visitors spend on your site.